WORLDSymposium Non-CE Guidelines
Purpose and Definition
Industry-Supported NON-CE Satellite Symposia are 60-minute (1 hour) independently developed educational activities held in conjunction with WORLDSymposium 2024. Industry-Supported Symposia may be supported by a company or a not-for-profit organization (hereinafter named Company). The symposia must be open to all WORLDSymposium attendees at no charge, and all satellite symposium attendees must be registered for WORLDSymposium. These symposia are not part of the WORLDSymposium 2024 official educational program and the sessions and content are not endorsed by the WORLDSymposium Planning Committee.
The following guidelines are designed to assist interested parties in the application process to present an Industry-Supported Satellite Symposium in conjunction with WORLDSymposium. The guidelines are based on policies approved by the WORLDSymposium Planning Committee and outline policies, processes, and other information to help plan a relevant educational activity. All satellite symposia must also be in compliance with all terms and conditions of the WORLDSymposium 2024 Exhibitor Prospectus.
In order to be considered, a completed Satellite Symposium Application along with a $5,000 non-refundable deposit must be submitted to reserve a satellite symposium space. A subject or general topic area must be included on the Application.
Submission Deadline – November 1, 2023
The deadline to submit Satellite Symposium Applications is November 1, 2023. Satellite Symposia spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, based on receipt of both the non-refundable deposit and completed Satellite Symposia Application. Once all available satellite space is assigned, no additional Satellite Symposium Applications will be accepted. After November 1, 2023, a $2,500 late application fee will apply. No new applications will be considered after January 1, 2024.
Satellite Symposia are limited to the times listed on the Satellite Symposium Application. Proposed topics are reviewed by the WORLDSymposium Planning Committee and scheduled based on the quality of the proposed program and ability to complement the official educational sessions selected for presentation at WORLDSymposium 2024. Satellite symposia will be assigned to open satellite times on a first-come first-served basis, however the WORLDSymposium Planning Committee will seek to avoid any direct topic or content conflicts between satellites assigned during the same time slots.
Satellite Symposium fees to WORLDSymposium in the amount listed on the Satellite Symposium Application allow the Company to plan for a 60-minute (1 hour) satellite symposium to be presented at WORLDSymposium 2024. (All fees must be paid in full no later than November 1, 2023, or the symposium will be canceled and released to other sponsors.)
For all Satellite Symposia, the fee includes:
- Meeting room rental and theater-style set
- Standard AV support: Front (direct) projection, lectern laptop for speaker, projection screen, confidence monitor, laser pointer, lectern or lavaliere microphone for speakers, panel table microphones, standing aisle microphones, speaker timer, lighting, and sound technician
- Two (2) Badge Scanners at door for attendance monitoring
- Table outside meeting room
- Two (2) Satellite Symposium announcement emails. Provider to supply PDF, WORLDSymposium to create and send email.
- The PDF will be included in the Virtual Bag on the mobile app and on the On Demand Platform. It will also be include on the WORLDSymposium website. The same PDF file must be used in all places, including the announcement emails.
- Activity information posted on WORLDSymposium website, onsite signage and listing on mobile app
- Designated On Demand session page on the WORLDSymposium 2024 On Demand platform
- Session will be recorded at the time of presentation. Session will be posted “as recorded” on the On Demand platform. Any post-presentation editing requested by the Company will be at Company’s expense.
- On Demand attendee analytics, which includes views, watch time, and general demographics, but does not include individuals’ names or institutions.
- Session will be available On Demand until March 14, 2024
It is the responsibility of the Company to cover all other costs related to the Satellite Symposia, including speaker expenses and any print or digital materials, signage, etc. The Company will bear the costs associated with any direct marketing and promotional activities or logistical requirements.
Food Policy: The Physician Payment Sunshine Act, part of the Affordable Care Act, requires that manufacturers of drugs and devices report to CMS certain payments and items of value given to physicians. These items of value include meals at CME activities, such as satellite symposia. For this reason, food and refreshments at the satellite symposia held at WORLDSymposium 2024 will be provided by WORLDSymposium and paid for out of general meeting registration fees. For this reason, food and refreshments at the satellite symposia held at WORLDSymposium 2024 will be provided by WORLDSymposium and paid for out of general meeting registration fees.
Satellite Symposium Management Services
WORLDSymposium is pleased to offer comprehensive management and coordination for your satellite program on a fee-for-service basis. Please contact Eli Sananes at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in receiving a quote for symposium management services.
In all session titles, references and educational materials, it is WORLDSymposium’s editorial practice to eliminate the term “storage” in the context of “lysosomal storage disease”. Read our editorial practices here.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Upon receipt of the Satellite Symposium Application and Deposit, WORLDSymposium will send confirmation of approval, scheduled date and time, and an invoice to the contact person designated on the Satellite Symposium Application. Payment must be made within 30 days of invoice receipt or approval will be denied and the program will be cancelled.
A $5,000 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a satellite symposium time. Payment in FULL is due by November 1, 2023. Cancellations prior to November 1, 2023, will be refunded satellite symposium fees minus the $5,000 non-refundable deposit. After November 1, 2023, no refunds for cancelled symposia will be given.
Company acknowledges any payments made to WORLDSymposium for Satellite Symposia are:
- fees for services, and are not to be paid as educational grant support; and
- do not exceed the fair market value of the services provided; and
- are not inconsistent with any internal policy of the Company governing interactions with healthcare professionals.
Symposia will be held live at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego in San Diego, CA and will be recorded “as presented” for On Demand access. Meeting room and time assignments will be made on a first-come, first-served basis and at the discretion of the WORLDSymposium Planning Committee based on symposia topics and available time slots.
WORLDSymposium policy prohibits competing activities with official WORLDSymposium educational programming. WORLDSymposium will only assign specific times for symposia, as noted on the Satellite Symposium Application.
Letter of Agreement
The WORLDSymposium Satellite Symposium Application must be completed and signed by the Company. No additional letter of agreement is necessary from WORLDSymposium.
If a Letter of Agreement is required by the company, the proposed Letter of Agreement must accompany the Application and be signed by the Company.
The Company is responsible for including faculty who are qualified to present information on the proposed topic.
The Company must require faculty to submit any required forms including release forms, HIPAA-compliance privacy forms, and any required disclosure forms.
The Company is responsible for the costs and logistics of production of all promotional and digital materials, including invitations.
Onsite Signage: WORLDSymposium will place an approved satellite symposium promotional sign in an assigned location. WORLDSymposium will produce one 3 ft. x 8 ft. fabric tension stand from artwork submitted by Company. Stands will be displayed in an area identified by WORLDSymposium starting Monday, February 4, 2024. Company may move the fabric tension stand to outside of the session room 30 minutes prior to the start of the satellite session, or Company can request an additional fabric tension stand to be purchased and placed outside of the session room. Alternatively, Company can produce and ship one sign to be displayed outside the meeting room 30 minutes prior to the start of each session.
Virtual Bag Inserts: WORLDSymposium will include a copy of an approved satellite symposium invitation in the virtual meeting bag. Details will be provided to the contact person designated by the Company. Company is responsible for all costs incurred for design and development of any digital materials.
In an ongoing effort to promote sustainability and reduce paper waste, WORLDSymposium does not provide printed satellite symposium invitations.
Handouts & Supporting Materials: Copies of any session handouts including designing, printing and shipping, are the responsibility of, and at expense of, the supporting Company. WORLDSymposium strongly encourages Company to consider printing only those materials that are absolutely necessary.
PDF Downloads & Supporting Materials: Design and development of any digital materials are the responsibility of, and at the expense of, the supporting Company.
Industry Representatives: Industry representatives may attend the non-CE sessions.
The Company must notify WORLDSymposium of any medical education and communication company that has been appointed on Company’s behalf. This notification must come from the Company to authorize any third-party agency to act on its behalf.
Marketing, Promotional Materials and Invitations
- post the satellite symposium information on the WORLDSymposium website and listing on On Demand platform.
- allow the Company to provide a PDF file of the satellite symposium invitation for the virtual meeting bag.
- WORLDSymposium 2024 will send out two (2) Satellite Symposium announcement emails to the pre-registration list during the week of January 15, 2024 and again during the week of January 29, 2024 if the final WORLDSymposium approved PDF is received from Company no later than January 2, 2024.
- WORLDSymposium does not format the proposed announcement content in any way, all content must be submitted as a 1-page PDF with all pertinent program details. This PDF should be optimized for WEB viewing, NOT for print. This PDF should be a single page, and be no larger than a 1 MB file.
- The same content will be used for both mailings.
- Instructions on how to submit the PDF content will be provided to all satellite coordinators in November, 2023.
- Additional promotion is the responsibility of the Company.
WORLDSymposium does not provide pre-registration lists of any kind.
Promotion and Distribution Methods
WORLDSymposium MUST review and approve any and all promotional activities and/or digital and printed materials prior to distribution or printing. Files should be uploaded and submitted for approval using the links found on this page.
WORLDSymposium does not provide the pre-registration list. WORLDSymposium will not release email addresses or physical addresses of faculty or attendees.
All promotional materials and signage for Industry Supported Satellite Symposia MUST include the following wording on the first page of the promotional material:
“This Satellite Symposium is not part of the official WORLDSymposium™ program, and WORLDSymposium does not approve or endorse any commercial products or services discussed during the Satellite Symposium or offered for sale by the corporate supporter of the Satellite Symposium. This Satellite Symposium is not approved for CE by WORLDSymposium or any other entity.
Eligibility: Registration for WORLDSymposium 2024 and an official WORLDSymposium badge are required to attend this satellite symposium.”
All other uses of the WORLDSymposium name or logo are prohibited on any marketing or promotional materials for the satellite symposium. Satellite sponsor may reference on social media posts and communication as noted in the “Exhibitor and Satellite Marketing Kit“
Liability and Indemnification
Company takes full responsibility and will indemnify and hold harmless WORLDSymposium and the WORLDSymposium 2024 Planning Committee and their officers, directors, members, agents, and employees from any and all liability arising from or associated with the Satellite Symposium.
Company shall have no involvement or control over any of the following for WORLDSymposium 2024:
- Identification of CE needs;
- Determination of CE educational objectives;
- Selection and presentation of CE content;
- Selection of all persons and organizations that will be in a position to control the content of the CE;
- Selection of CE educational methods;
- Evaluation of the CE activity.
By submitting the Satellite Symposium Application, Company agrees to all requirements, rules, and regulations contained in the WORLDSymposium 2024 Exhibitor Prospectus.
Content last updated on September 11th, 2023 at 07:09 am