Why Support WORLDSymposium 2024?
What makes WORLDSymposium the premier scientific meeting for experts in the field of lysosomal diseases from around the globe?
- Now in its 20th year, WORLDSymposium is both the oldest and the largest international gathering of lysosomal disease experts.
- WORLDSymposium is the largest international gathering focused solely on lysosomal diseases, with over 2500 attendees from over 60 countries in 2023.
- WORLDSymposium is the only international lysosomal disease research meeting to have abstracts published every year in Molecular Genetics and Metabolism and in 2024, over 460 abstracts focused solely on lysosomal disease will again be published.
- WORLDSymposium 2024 will host 92 live (oral) lysosomal disease presentations, and over 400 poster presentations from major research centers and companies around the globe.
- Leading experts from numerous countries are actively involved in WORLDSymposium. The Roscoe O. Brady Award recipients combined with the annual WORLDSymposium Planning & Organizing Committee demonstrates a virtual “Who’s Who in Lysosomal Disease Research”.
- Many experts report WORLDSymposium is the ONLY lysosomal disease conference they attend; it is the place where global experts gather to collaborate and network.
WORLDSymposium is the largest international ACCME-accredited lysosomal disease-specific annual scientific meeting
- ACCME accreditation not only provides approval for Continuing Education, it ensures scientifically-based data, rigorous peer review, and fairness and balance of content.
- Continuing Education is available for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, genetic counselors and other healthcare providers, including reciprocity for healthcare providers from collaborating countries across the globe.
WORLDSymposium annually applies for approval via MedTech Europe’s Conference Vetting System (CVS)
- In 2020, EFPIA and MedTech Europe partnered via a common compliance team, to ensure objectivity and independence in conference assessments, with a continued goal to promote transparency and consistency in live medical education events.
- In the past, WORLDSymposium has been found to be compliant in all areas, in accordance with the principles and standards set out in the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice.
- WORLDSymposium 2024 is applying again for approval and expects a positive assessment and full compliance.
WORLDSymposium looks forward to seeing everyone in San Diego, CA
For those looking forward to spending time with colleagues and peers in San Diego, WORLDSymposium will host live sessions, an exhibit hall, poster receptions and more. The On Demand platform will allow attendees from around the globe to access the meeting’s program and content.
Content last updated on May 4th, 2023 at 11:18 am